Spouse Visa Extension

You can opt for a spouse visa extension application to extend your spouse work permit for Canada, thereby continue working. International students can extend their stay by extending their study program in Canada. Visitors can extend their stay as a Visitor. For the spouse of an international student intending to extend their studies, can simultaneously apply for spouse dependent work permit extension of his or her spouse in Canada. The extension is possible in various categories of visa depending upon the status of the sponsoring spouse in Canada.

Spouse visa extension processing time can vary depending on the number of applications which the CIC already has.

Currently, the processing time (online application) for extension of a spouse visitor visa is approximately 3 months and the processing time for extension of a spouse work permit and a study permit is approximately 2 months. If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days prior to the expiry date of your visa.

Easy Extension

We help you apply for spouse visa extension Canada with sheer ease.

Rapid Application

We help you submit your application form with ease & rapidity.

Customer Convenience

We treat our customers as top priority and provide streamlined services.

Canada Spouse Visa Extension Requirements

When you are a visitor, you have a temporary resident status. With this, you are legally authorized to enter Canada temporarily for holidays, visiting family, business purposes, etc. With this status, the length of your stay is restricted and subject to various conditions.

Your spouse, common-law partner or dependent children, whoever wishes to stay longer in Canada must apply for the permission to do so.

If you apply at the same time for an extension, each person has to submit a separate application form.

You are not eligible if:

  • your status has expired;
  • you did not fulfill any of the conditions of your permit;
  • you have worked or studied without the required permit.

In the above cases, you have committed an offence under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

However, if you wish to stay in Canada after your status has expired, you may apply for restoration of status within 90 days from your loss of status.